Tuesday, June 18, 2013

pink/punk princess

That's my girl. Of course she's been casually and subtly guided down a music loving path, choosing offbeat fashion and not caring about looking/acting different. Not that she is different - she's pretty much the same as her little kinder friends - into pink and fairies and princesses. But she also loves playing zombies and ninjas with the boys, headbanging to music in the back of the car (fast and noisy is her musical preference), and if she doesn't like what you have to say then you'll well and truly know about it.

When she grows up she wants to be a rock star, a princess and a shark.

One day I decided that I'd had quite enough of the Disney princesses getting a run in my house so I introduced her to She-ra Princess of Power and I think she's watched it every day since. She carries a toy sword around in the back of her jumper.

So when I came home with some temporary hair chalks in every colour of the rainbow she was most excited to try them in her hair. Because rock stars have cool hair and she's gonna be a rock star like Dave Grohl one day you know - one who plays drums and guitar and sings.

This kid. Seriously. She smashes my heart into bits.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing feedback, so feel free to leave me some :-)