Saturday, March 23, 2013

GRINSPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd time's a charm huh? My 3rd proper music shoot was last night and it was Grinspoon and that makes me so happy I don't even have the words to explain it. I was going to the gig last night as a fan anyway, as I've loved their music since I was in my late teens/early 20s. And I wasn't going to miss their comeback tour. Being able to photograph it was like a little dream come true - to photograph a band that I admire - just wow. My friend Simon told me he had a similar feeling when he shot Alice in Chains many moons ago (admittedly AIC are slightly more awe-inspiring than the Grinners - even I can admit that), he couldn't believe they were right there, and for a time he forgot to even shoot and just let it all wash over him. When he told me that story last year I was completely awestruck and I knew I wanted that feeling. And even though Grinspoon are just an Aussie band that most music fans in this country have seen at least once it was still amazing.

Next stop, Pearl Jam. Hahahaha. Dream on.

Anyway, enough gushing. Here are some of my shots from last night. Full gallery is up on FasterLouder HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing feedback, so feel free to leave me some :-)